Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: TCC solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 08:44 PM
Jake Sloan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCC solenoid

So I've spent the last few weeks basically rebuilding the engine on my moms 2000 Caravan. After everything I've had to do to it to get it running again after she ran it for a while with a bad oil pump I'm ashamed to say I'm lost. It's still showing one code. P0740. Based on a few aspects of vehicle history and I'm assuming that it means the TCC solenoid is clogged or burned out. So today I bought a new solenoid thinking this would be a simple job. Unfortunately the Haynes manual says almost nothing about the transmission at all, let alone transmission electronics, and the internet hasn't been forthcoming with information. Seems like this is a part that no one knows anything about. All I need to know is where it is, but I can't find that info anywhere.

So does anyone know, in plain english, exactly where the TCC solenoid is on a 2000 Dodge Caravan?

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: TCC solenoid