Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Front Evaporator Replacement Steps

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 07:21 PM
Themusj
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Evaporator Replacement Steps

A month ago I replaced my wife's 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan's condenser, compress, filter dryer and expansion valve. Vacuumed it down, {held for two hours} and put the measured amount of Freon and oil in it. Worked great for a couple weeks and then we discovered a chemical smell from the vents. Turns out the evaporator has a leak, both from the oil as well as my Freon leak detector beeping away. I can get a new evaporator for around 50. I know it is a job to do, but the challenge intrigues me. The van only has 94,500 miles on it and looks great being in the garage it's whole life.

Anyone have some good documentation on how to do this job? I did the earlier tasks with YouTube mostly. But little is out there on replacing a Caravan evaporator. Ideally, I would like something more than just it referencing some other source as in "remove bezel see section II {and that section not be available.} Pictures would be a plus.

I know is an old van but it really does look neat as pin and runs great otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The following users liked this post:
Rayrdsignal (08-12-2020)

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Front Evaporator Replacement Steps