Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 11:13 PM
granie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight problem

headlight problem.I drive a 2002 grand caravan, when the daytime driving lights are on, only the driver's side works, turn the lights on, drivers side goes out and the other one comes on. Turn the high beams on, and it switches again.Doesn't matter what you do, only one of the two light are on. Have tried replacing the bulbs, but same thing happens
. Was driving one day in the dark with only one passenger light on and then all of a sudden both lights came on and stayed on for the remainder of the trip home (or at least I thinks so). but the problem returned the next time I drove. I read on another forum that problem is in the front control module. Can anyone help me out in trying to solve my problem. Thanks

Old 10-26-2018, 01:15 PM
banjo_d
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem is the ECM. I had the same issue. I found a thread where the person suggested to remove it, clean the contacts and try it. When that (if that) doesnt work, he suggested to turn the pins CARERFULLY with some needle nose about 1-2 degrees. just to make the contact a bit stronger. Worked for me, no issues 3 years later.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: headlight problem