Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2017 DGC 3.6 Engine Moan on Cold start up

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 06:30 PM
mw2017
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2017 DGC 3.6 Engine Moan on Cold start up

Hi I just purchased a used 2017 DGC SXT 35,000 miles on it. When starting the engine cold it has a low moan or drone noise coming from the engine pan area. The noise gets louder as the Idle slows to normal idle then after 10 minutes as it warms up the noise is gone. It will only return when the van has been sitting overnight and the engine is cold. I have it now at a dealer over the weekend so on Monday they can start it cold and hopefully hear the noise and diagnose before the warranty runs out. I never heard a noise this loud on any other van I have owned it really resonates in my garage. Any Ideas from owners or tech's would be much appreciated I've been searching the web in hope of finding a cure but as of yet have not. As one owner stated Dodge has no solution I'm thinking this will only get worse as the temperature drops here in Central Wisconsin.
Thanks Mike W

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2017 DGC 3.6 Engine Moan on Cold start up