Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: wiring diagrams for 2010 Grand Caravan SXT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 01:19 PM
BluefireG8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring diagrams for 2010 Grand Caravan SXT?

Hello

New here. I have a 2010 Grand Caravan SXT, which is actually an anniversary edition. 3.8L Anyway, airbag light has been on. Last year had the dealership hook up their scanner to find out what it was. They found a broken wire in the driver side door plug, wanted 300 bucks to fix it. I said no, brought it home and spliced the wires back together myself. Not too difficult.

Anyway, light has come back on again. I bought my own scanner that can read SRS and ABS this time, and it says U0171, lost communication with up-front right acceleration sensor. This I believe is the right front impact sensor right under the headlight.
Does anyone here have or know where to acquire wiring diagrams for these vehicles. I am thinking it is the same wire as before. Just pulled the door apart, and it is still connected. Wanting to see what each wiring in the door plugs go to so as to help with diagnosing this issue.

Also, does the message say the same thing if the sensor just goes bad?? They are only like 30 bucks to replace I believe.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Rich

Old 03-15-2019, 08:16 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

There’s no reason for the right front impact sensor wiring to pass thru the driver door. What the dealership likely found was the wiring for the impact sensor in the driver door was broken.

The air bag module is mounted under the center console on top of the transmission tunnel. If you have a floor console between the seats then you’ll need to remove it to access the module. The wiring for each impact sensor is unique to that sensor, so whatever color wires you see at the RF sensor will be the same wires that hook up to the module.

Unhook the negative battery cable cable and wait 2 minutes for the module to power down. Unhook the connectors at the module and RF sensor then use an ohm meter to check each circuit between the module and sensor. Anything more than .5 ohm is suspect.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: wiring diagrams for 2010 Grand Caravan SXT?