Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: TPMS hidden reset

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 05:10 PM
electravis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS hidden reset

Im trying to see if anyone knows of a hidden reset for the tpms sensor on a 2011 dodge grand caravan?

Reason I ask is I also have a 09 titan both vehicles have had the tpms on now for sometime. I have checked tire pressure even in the spare just in case but nothing would get the lights to turn off in either vehicle. Then by a slim google find i saw that for the titan there is a secondary wire harness tapped into the obd sensor and if i grounded that wire it would reset the tpms and guess what it worked light is off and happy again or maybe i shorted the light out done really care its off lol. Amway does anyone know if there is some similar hidden tpms reset on the Caravan.

Thanks

Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 AM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

The reset for the Titan is there because it requires a manual relearn anytime tires have been rotated. Nissan, Honda, Infiniti and other foreign makes utilize the same method for entering manual relearn mode.

Dodge, however, auto relearn after a few miles of driving (at least the caravans do). Even using a scan tool, relearn mode can’t be accessed - we can only use it to program a new sensor ID.

You can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes, then go drive for a few miles on the highway. If the light is still on, there’s an issue with one or more of the sensors.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: TPMS hidden reset