Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Removing plenum for 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan sport 3.3 flex fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019 | 09:07 PM
Tim Lindamood
|
Default Removing plenum for 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan sport 3.3 flex fuel

Are there any step by step instructions out there for removing the plenum to change the spark plugs? I got as far as being able to move the plenum, but it is still attached by a wire harness in the back of the plenum that I can't see well enough to tell how to disengage it. Any help would be appreciated. I am a VERY novice weekend mechanic! Thanks!

Old 05-28-2019 | 04:58 AM
GumbyRT
Captain

Put a couple bolts back in place to hold the plenum steady, then use a mirror or phone camera to see what it looks like. Once you see it you can try disconnecting it by feeling where your hands and fingers need to be positioned.

If it’s attached to a sensor, you can also try removing the sensor from the plenum, then once the plenum is off, disconnect it and reinstall it before you bolt the plenum back on.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Removing plenum for 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan sport 3.3 flex fuel