Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2018 Dodge Caravan GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Lorraine Rose Sullivan Frailey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Dodge Caravan GT

We are looking to upgrade my 2007 Dodge Caravan. I found a 2018 GT model that I’m really interested in but after doing some research I discovered that this model Caravan was only manufactured for one year. Only 2018 models have the capability of being a GT model. I learned also that they were considered to be the most ‘luxurious’ model. I’m trying to figure out why the GT model was only in production for one year? Does anyone else here have any insight?

Old 06-13-2019, 09:09 AM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorraine Rose Sullivan Frailey
We are looking to upgrade my 2007 Dodge Caravan. I found a 2018 GT model that I’m really interested in but after doing some research I discovered that this model Caravan was only manufactured for one year. Only 2018 models have the capability of being a GT model. I learned also that they were considered to be the most ‘luxurious’ model. I’m trying to figure out why the GT model was only in production for one year? Does anyone else here have any insight?
Grand Caravan GT model is still available for 2019 prior to 2018 they were the R/T model. Dodge vehicles with R/T bagging stood for Road/Track usually those models had higher performance engines,better brakes and suspension. None of these attributes could be found on the Grand Caravan so that's probably why bagging change from R/T to GT for the 2018 model year.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:15 PM
rustyedge
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2019's only offer 3 models per the Dodge website; the SE, SE Plus and SXT. I recently bought a 2019 SXT and I never saw any new GT models on any lot. Maybe a couple older 2018's but no 2019's. Edit: and I do believe the SXT's offer more bells and whistles than the GT's.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:29 PM
Mopar340
Veteran

Originally Posted by rustyedge
The 2019's only offer 3 models per the Dodge website; the SE, SE Plus and SXT. I recently bought a 2019 SXT and I never saw any new GT models on any lot. Maybe a couple older 2018's but no 2019's. Edit: and I do believe the SXT's offer more bells and whistles than the GT's.
On Dodge Canada website there's 8 2019 models of GC available Canada Value Package, SE Plus, SXT, SXT Plus, SXT Premium Plus, Crew, Crew Plus and GT

Old 06-17-2019, 11:58 AM
John Sander

I have a 2017 Caravan GT fully loaded with leather seats.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:30 AM
Mopar340
Veteran

Originally Posted by John Sander
I have a 2017 Caravan GT fully loaded with leather seats.
Yes it was the first year that Dodge introduced the GT as their top of line minivan model a replacement for the former R/T.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:25 PM
rustyedge
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mopar340
Yes it was the first year that Dodge introduced the GT as their top of line minivan model a replacement for the former R/T.
I wonder why (at least the US models) are not as loaded as they used to be? My seats are nice pleather with suede inserts but not real leather. The only leather I have is the steering wheel and shift ****. And no blind spot monitoring offered at all. Wish I had that. And what year did they drop the sunroof? To get all the goodies you have to step up the the Pacifica which was nice, but several things about it I did not like.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:21 PM
Mopar340
Veteran

Originally Posted by rustyedge
I wonder why (at least the US models) are not as loaded as they used to be? My seats are nice pleather with suede inserts but not real leather. The only leather I have is the steering wheel and shift ****. And no blind spot monitoring offered at all. Wish I had that. And what year did they drop the sunroof? To get all the goodies you have to step up the the Pacifica which was nice, but several things about it I did not like.
Maybe in the US they don't have the market shares like they do in Canada where the Grand Caravan is still the No 1 selling minivan in the country with 60% of the market while the others fight for the remaining 40% which include Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda and KIA. There's still 8 models of Grand Caravan available in the Dodge Canada line up for 2019 with the GT model being the top of the line with all the bell and whistle what not standard is available as options. Heated leather seats is standard on the GT with the safety sphere group available as an option. The Pacifica is available through the Chrysler line up if one's willing to pay more money. Dodge Grand Caravan is still the best bargain priced minivan on the market.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:59 PM
aja8888

I have a 2019 GT caravan. Seems like they were only sold to fleet buyers her in the U.S. I bought ours from Enterprise Auto Sales as a used vehicle with 17,000 miles on it. Wife wanted one with heated seats and that was the only model GC we could find that had them.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2018 Dodge Caravan GT