Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Fobik programming

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 05:42 AM
Jeremy Kenny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fobik programming

Hi all,
I've searched a lot online and can't find anything specific to my problem. Tried forum search and couldn't find my answer either, though I may have missed it.
Problem: 2008 grand caravan. I have 2 fobiks that will start the van. None of the buttons on either one are working to do anything they are supposed to do. I've changed the battery and checked the little metal disks on the rubber piece to make sure they were there. All present and clean. Figured they just may have been dropped too many times or something. They didn't both stop working at the same time. One stopped and eventually the other stopped. So I ordered new ones to program. Went through the process to program but when I put the second key in the ignition, the little red light doesn't come on like it's supposed to and I'm not able to program the new keys.
Anyone run into this problem before or have suggestions to fix it? I've watched a few youtube videos for programming them and I'm doing everything correctly. The little red security light is supposed to come on when you put the second key in then after it does, thats when you put the new key in to program, but the security light never comes on when I put the second key in. The red light does come on like normal when all the lights come on the dash when you first turn the key, so I know it's not just a bad light or something.
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Fobik programming