Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Dodge Caravan 2016 - A/C / climate control question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 04:53 PM
Maplebunny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Caravan 2016 - A/C / climate control question

Hi,

Just wonder if anyone with a recent-ish Dodge Caravan with ATC can give me a sanity check on AC / climate control when not on automatic.

We recently bought a 2016 Dodge Caravan Crew spec which has the ATC (automatic temperature control) with electronic up/down temperature controls. We had a couple of issues fixed on it - but one outstanding issue (or maybe non-issue!) is how the temp controls behave when on manual mode.

So when AUTO is NOT selected (so the HVAC isn't controlling all the temps, air flow, air distribution etc) I get in the car and temp is on LOW (13 degrees) and then increasing on the controls all the way up to around 24 degrees still pumps out ice cold air, then at 24 degrees+ it changes to warm air and from then it seems to get hotter as you increase the temperatures to 31.

2 sales guys at the dealer originally thought it was broken and sent it to service, but then their service department after tests and HVAC flash update says this is how it's supposed to work (even when not on auto mode) - if you set it to say 20 degrees on manual, and it's 25/26 inside it'll still blow ice cold 13 degree air until the temperature gets down to the desired temps. So manual isn't really manual it's more like semi-manual.

Just feels a bit weird for the manual setting, maybe I'm just too used to driving older cars - I was expecting manual (i.e. auto button not pushed) to mean you set it at 20 degrees, you get 20 degree air coming out. Nudge it down to 18 and the air coming out is 18. You set to AUTO and then it controls the temps etc.

Can anyone with the same setup confirm?

My wife is pregnant with twins which are due in September, so for us it's very important that the climate control is working fully, hence the sanity check

Thanks

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Dodge Caravan 2016 - A/C / climate control question