Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2014 Grand caravan P0868

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Chris Coulson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not gotten a chance to check the solenoid circuits. I have a question this dipstick states it's compatible with the 62te but I get different measurements than using a standard dipstick and measuring with digital calipers. What is the most accurate way to check the fluid?

Old 08-15-2019, 08:34 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Nothing wrong with that dipstick- same one we use at work and I have a dorman brand I use at home.

Since you can’t read the fluid temp using the sensor, I’d recommend checking it first thing in the morning. You won’t know the exact temp, but if it’s been sitting all night, it’s reasonable to think the fluid temp is close to the ambient temperature. That will be a close enough temp to give you an idea if the level is too low or too high.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:55 PM
Chris Coulson

Sounds good, I will check the cold reading.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:53 PM
Chris Coulson

Replaced the solenoid pack and found the fluid temperature readings to be accurate now. No codes, no more limp mode. Some intermittent shudder around 40mph not sure what that's about or what gear it's doing it in because it's not every time.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:31 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Coulson
Replaced the solenoid pack and found the fluid temperature readings to be accurate now. No codes, no more limp mode. Some intermittent shudder around 40mph not sure what that's about or what gear it's doing it in because it's not every time.
Can you tell if the shudder is during an upshift, downshift or both? Trans hot or cold? How many miles have you driven with the new valve body and did you disconnect the negative battery cable when replacing it?

I can think of a few different reasons but the main one is it’s possible the TCM is needing to relearn certain clutch volumes. After operating for so long with a faulty valve body, the speed at which the clutches are being filled has changed and so the TCM is still learning to adapt for that.

It’s also possible there’s a seal issue with one of the clutches and it’s intermittent depending on temperature.

Also, can you post a picture of the valve body - in particular the temp sensor if it’s visible? I’m just curious what it looks like as I’ve been thinking of adding a trans temp gauge to my GC (I want to tap into the factory wiring instead of adding a separate sensor for the gauge) and want to know what I’m working with.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2014 Grand caravan P0868