Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Bought used 430n how to tell if I'll EVER need a lock code.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 09:13 PM
mchandler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought used 430n how to tell if I'll EVER need a lock code.

I bought a used 430n. I plugged it in to my new dodge caravan and it just worked. No lock code required or anything even though it says it is "anti-theft" on radio panel. When will I need the lock code? If not now, will I ever need it? For example, what if in a few months, something decides to activate and it asks for the radio code? I do plan on paying the $100 for updated maps, so I'm worried about it then, and by then the sale will be long complete. I don't believe the seller knows the VIN that the radio came from (donor vehicle). Is there any way that if I am given a code, I can test that it is valid on the radio he/she had shipped me?

Thanks!

Old 10-06-2019, 10:15 AM
mchandler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mchandler
I bought a used 430n. I plugged it in to my new dodge caravan and it just worked. No lock code required or anything even though it says it is "anti-theft" on radio panel. When will I need the lock code? If not now, will I ever need it? For example, what if in a few months, something decides to activate and it asks for the radio code? I do plan on paying the $100 for updated maps, so I'm worried about it then, and by then the sale will be long complete. I don't believe the seller knows the VIN that the radio came from (donor vehicle). Is there any way that if I am given a code, I can test that it is valid on the radio he/she had shipped me?

Thanks!
Just bumping if anyone has advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 10-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mchandler

Thanks!
The anti theft radio were designed as such as soon as the radio unit lost power a security pin code had to re-entered in the unit to turn it on. Now it seem that you received a hacked 430n Uconnect radio. The only trouble now is when you want to update the navigation maps it will ask you for the radio security pin code.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Bought used 430n how to tell if I'll EVER need a lock code.