Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: What struts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Doug Dinger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I noticed that. I decided to take the day off work today, cause I didn't want an expensive garage visit. Got everything yesterday to do the job, and replaced both inner and outer tie rods, and had to make adjustments, but the alignment seems perfect or extremely close now.

The passenger side tie rod was bent, and the boot wasn't sealed around the pinion the best. It was zip tied, and I could move it right off without removing the zip tie.
The drivers side had too much play, and wasn't as stiff as its supposed to be.

Is there any way that I could've damaged them using lots of torque on the drivers side? I had a wrench on the nut, and another on the tie rod, cause the nut was stuck.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:56 AM
teets.18
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I highly doubt that you could have damaged those components; they're pretty stout as they are, IMO.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:24 AM
Doug Dinger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I figured. My wife thought I did, cause of trying to align the vehicle, and just did the struts so she thought I broke other stuff in the process of fixing it.

Old 11-01-2019, 09:12 AM
teets.18
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like my wife.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: What struts?