Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Gas Pedal Unresponsive

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 04:16 PM
mbjstl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Pedal Unresponsive

I have 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan,3.3L engine.While driving yesterday,the gas pedal became unresponsive. Engine kept running,but no rpm increase and no check engine light. Fortunately I was going downhill and I coasted to the stop light,turned ignition off,and then restarted the van. Operated normal afterwards. I've had no previous acceleration issues in the past. Did a code check,which turned up nothing. Drove around in low traffic areas today and could not duplicate the problem. This year van still has cable linkage to the throttle,so there is no ETC module as far as I know. Any ideas?

Old 11-20-2019, 08:29 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

How did you check for codes? Many basic code readers will only read active codes - if cycling the ignition resolved the problem then the code would be in history, not active.

It sounds like the PCM went into a safe/protection mode. I’ll have to read up on the operation of the engine controls to give you more information/direction.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Gas Pedal Unresponsive