Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2013 Grand Caravan oil change

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 02:24 PM
Leafsforever3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Grand Caravan oil change

Hi!

Sorry if this has been answered , I cannot find it if so.

Have not changed myself before and currently the oil change due light is NOT on but I'm wondering if there is still something I have to reset?

Thanks!

Old 12-16-2019, 04:09 PM
teets.18
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, turn the key to the "On" position, which is one click before the "Start" position, and depress the accelerator pedal three times (or five?) to the floor within five seconds.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:27 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by *****.18
Yes, turn the key to the "On" position, which is one click before the "Start" position, and depress the accelerator pedal three times (or five?) to the floor within five seconds.
It's three times, slowly, within 10 seconds.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:17 AM
Leafsforever3

Ok I will do this, thanks! I looked everywhere in the menu and could not find anything indicating oil life.

How will I know if it reset, there's no indicator? Ty

Old 12-17-2019, 04:42 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Leafsforever3
How will I know if it reset, there's no indicator? Ty
You won't. I usually repeat the procedure several times to increase the odds of it actually resetting.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:00 PM
Leafsforever3

Originally Posted by georgef
You won't. I usually repeat the procedure several times to increase the odds of it actually resetting.
Strange set-up, you would think there would be a way to check oil life etc and know if it's been reset. Maybe they assume everybody drives until the light comes on. Thanks for the info 😁

Old 12-17-2019, 09:18 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 64 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Leafsforever3
Strange set-up, you would think there would be a way to check oil life etc and know if it's been reset. Maybe they assume everybody drives until the light comes on. Thanks for the info 😁
The oil life can be read with a professional grade scan tool, and I’ve seen several Dodge/Chrysler vehicles that allow you to view it using the driver info center. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any real rhyme or reason to when they decide to put those options on the info center (I’ve seen it on trucks, cars and other vans that are all within 1 or 2 years of mine and have identical driver info centers and instrument clusters).

I have a 2016 GC and I contacted Dodge customer care to ask if it could be reprogrammed to allow me to view it and a couple other things. They said it couldn’t be, which I don’t believe but I don’t have the time or energy to pursue it so I just let it go.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Unfortunately Chrysler oil monitor is pretty lame compared to others I've own quite a few GM vehicles and their oil monitor show the remaining oil life percentage upon an oil change when reset it goes to 100% as the vehicle is being used the oil life automatically start to diminish. Then it allow the owner to decide when he wants to change his oil based on the remaining oil percentage like maybe 25%. When the oil life percentage reaches 15% a Change Engine Oil Soon message will appear at every start if ignored at 0% a Service Due Change Engine Oil message will then appear instead.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2013 Grand Caravan oil change