Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Cigarette Lighter not functioning

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 09:59 PM
Landonl3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cigarette Lighter not functioning

I recently bought a 2018 grand caravan and I’ve enjoyed it thus far. I’ve got a problem with one of the cigarette lighters though. It’s not working. It’s the one in the center console on the right side, with the image of the battery on the cover. Anyways, I bought a new socket, because I though that was the problem, I replaced it with the old one, and it still didn’t work. Then I replaced the actual connector that connects the wiring to the socket, and that didn’t work. I know the fuse isn’t bad because when I switch it with the cigarette lighter on the left, that one still works and the one on the right doesn’t.

ive done all I know how to do. Any suggestions on what to try next? I don’t really feel like taking it into a shop to get charged a bunch for this small thing.

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2020, 01:12 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Have you check fuses M5, M7 and M36 with a test lamp? If the fuses are good. Then you need to inspect for an open circuit or a bad ground.

The following users liked this post:
Landonl3 (04-30-2020)

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Cigarette Lighter not functioning