Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

93 Caravan Trans replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 06:24 PM
zieg72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Caravan Trans replacement

1st. post brand new here. I have a 93 Caravan 3.3L 4 speed trans that has to be replaced. I am mechanically inclined and have a good selection of tools, 2 floor jacks, engine hoist and a trans jack. Is this do-able without a lift? I have only changed front drive axles on front wheel drives but never a transmission. Transmissions on rwd is not a problem. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas to all. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:20 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: 93 Caravan Trans replacement

It could be done on the ground, no special tricks especially on the older vans. Just remove and install the replacement. The only thing that may cause you trouble is the crankshaft position sensor, which has a paper spacer stuck to the bottom of it, that may or amy not still be there. You can pick one of those up at the dealer for pennies on the dollar.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:26 AM
zieg72
Default RE: 93 Caravan Trans replacement

ORIGINAL: brandoncrone

It could be done on the ground, no special tricks especially on the older vans. Just remove and install the replacement. The only thing that may cause you trouble is the crankshaft position sensor, which has a paper spacer stuck to the bottom of it, that may or amy not still be there. You can pick one of those up at the dealer for pennies on the dollar.
Thanks, I will give it a go.

Quick Reply: 93 Caravan Trans replacement