Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Part number or source for power sliding door cable clip/retainer (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 01:55 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Part number or source for power sliding door cable clip/retainer (pics)

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it; and [insert personal holiday greeting here] to those who don’t.

2016 Grand Caravan R/T

Long story short, ice caused the left sliding door to stick shut. I forgot to pull twice on the handle to put it in manual mode, so As I pulled on the exterior handle, the door motor also kicked in. The door opened but the cable retainer for the regulator broke.

I’ve tried mopar parts online and mopar parts giant but no luck.

Nothing else is broken, but I’m not having any luck finding just a retainer. See pic below - it mounts on the roller arm at the front of the door.

NOTE: This pic is of the retainer on the right door but it’s the left side I need.

Thank you.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:48 AM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Update:

Extensive searching revealed it is part of the regulator assembly and not available separately. My next move was to hit up the local pick and pull, but it was closed for the holiday weekend.

I ended up finding a local dealer that had the regulator assembly in stock, so I picked it up yesterday and replaced it - the details of which I will share in a write up later.

It’s a good thing though - when it broke, I was hearing a repeated clicking noise from the motor. Had I been able to locate a new retainer, I still would’ve ended up pulling it out because the cable was kinked up inside the drive gear housing. The pic below was taken after I removed the housing cover.

I’m not saying it couldn’t have been straightened out and reused, but I suspect it would’ve ultimately led to frustrating problems with door operation in the future.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Part number or source for power sliding door cable clip/retainer (pics)