Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Door doesn't automatically open when exterior handle is pulled

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 01:46 PM
elynnh97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door doesn't automatically open when exterior handle is pulled

I have a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. The passenger sliding door doesn't open automatically when the door handle (both inside and out) is pulled. To open it f we just have to pull the handle manually to slide it open. The button on the inside works, the button on the ceiling by the front seat works, and the button on the key fob auto opens it correctly. Just the handles seem to be the issue. I haven't been able to find anything online that pinpoints this issue. Any ideas?

Old 03-31-2021, 01:08 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by elynnh97
I have a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. The passenger sliding door doesn't open automatically when the door handle (both inside and out) is pulled. To open it f we just have to pull the handle manually to slide it open. The button on the inside works, the button on the ceiling by the front seat works, and the button on the key fob auto opens it correctly. Just the handles seem to be the issue. I haven't been able to find anything online that pinpoints this issue. Any ideas?
Greetings elynnh97,
We’re sorry to hear that you are having trouble resolving this concern. If you decided to visit your dealer for diagnosis, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.
Rob
Dodge Cares

Old 04-01-2021, 12:37 PM
IDon'tGiveARam
Professional
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

There is a lockout button up by the sunglasses holder. My wife had this issue and that was all that was wrong; she or I had hit that lockout while fiddling with buttons.

The following users liked this post:
carlueless (06-30-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 06:35 PM
elynnh97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue

I have same year van with the same exact issue. Did you finally resolve it? How?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Door doesn't automatically open when exterior handle is pulled