Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 grand caravan SE rear end jack and jack stand points

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 06:09 PM
LMHmedchem
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 grand caravan SE rear end jack and jack stand points

Hello,

I have been doing some work on the rear end of my 2010 3.3L SE and loosing some weight in the heat. I am at a loss to find reasonable places to put my floor jack and jack stands. I am used to working on my explorer, which has a massive flat steel frame with many places that work well. I can't even see the frame of this van when I look underneath. The rail on the body where the instructions say to place the emergency jack just gets crushed by my floor jack.

For now, I have been placing the jack on what looks like the bracket where the trailing arm is connected. There are 2 heavy steel pieces there and I can get the head of my jack on one of these. When I do this, the trailing arm hangs down and there really isn't a good place to put a jack stand. Other likely looking places to put the jack are just too far under the van. I would never be able to release the hydraulics.

Surely there must be a way to do this. Suggestions are appreciated.

LMHmedchem

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 grand caravan SE rear end jack and jack stand points