Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2012 Dodge Caravan loss of acceleration uphill

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 04:52 PM
tiffanyhanner@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Dodge Caravan loss of acceleration uphill

UPDATE: I ordered a MAF sensor from AutoZone and they gave me a MAP sensor. Decided to try it and fixed the problem! Check engine light and ETC and ESC sensors finally went off and the van is running great again!!

After starting the van, the engine immediately felt bogged down and the electronic throttle control came on and is flashing, and the electronic stability control sensor came on. I had it towed right away to a shop and informed the mechanic I hadnt changed spark plugs at all and I'm at 150,000 miles. He told me my cats were bad and needed changed before doing anything else and he may have to do more like the igniters. I got a second opinion and was told he didnt believe my cats were bad but desperately needed tune up so he did it. Sensors are still on and even tho van drives smooth (after plugging wiring harness back in properly) it doesnt want to accelerate uphill properly. When I manually shifted it down into drive it accelerated better going uphill, but not in overdrive, even with gas to the floor. Can anybody help before I have the cats replaced? Thanks
P0101 code still on as well

Last edited by tiffanyhanner@yahoo.com; 08-19-2021 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Solved Problem, Added P0101 code
Old 08-26-2021, 07:55 PM
ram2us
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good information. Thanks for the update to show how your problem was resolved.

The following users liked this post:
tiffanyhanner@yahoo.com (08-26-2021)

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2012 Dodge Caravan loss of acceleration uphill