Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2012 Grand Caravan misfire on #2 cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 05:39 PM
GaBoy1988
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Grand Caravan misfire on #2 cylinder

Van was running great with no issues when the check engine light came on. Decided to check it just to see what it was and it was a misfire on #2 cylinder... The code number I'm not sure of... Just 2 days ago the top end started getting a tick in it which I believe which is from a bad rocker arm.. I started doing some research on here about oils n such to maybe help with that when I noticed others forums about the #2 cylinder issue like I got so I started reading and found where 1 individual said there was a tsb out for my year model van. Tsb# S1609000004. I have done some research and can't come up with any info on this... So now I am just trying to figure out how I need to approach this to fix it... If anyone has any info on this misfire or info on this TSB I would appreciate it... I want to have any info I can before I go to the dealer with the issue... Thanks

Old 08-18-2021, 01:15 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

That number is a star case number not a TSB. The star case recommends to inspect all rockers for movement. And replace those that are bad.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:11 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GaBoy1988
Van was running great with no issues when the check engine light came on. Decided to check it just to see what it was and it was a misfire on #2 cylinder... The code number I'm not sure of... Just 2 days ago the top end started getting a tick in it which I believe which is from a bad rocker arm.. I started doing some research on here about oils n such to maybe help with that when I noticed others forums about the #2 cylinder issue like I got so I started reading and found where 1 individual said there was a tsb out for my year model van. Tsb# S1609000004. I have done some research and can't come up with any info on this... So now I am just trying to figure out how I need to approach this to fix it... If anyone has any info on this misfire or info on this TSB I would appreciate it... I want to have any info I can before I go to the dealer with the issue... Thanks
Hi GaBoy1988,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2012 Grand Caravan misfire on #2 cylinder