Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Fuel Pressure issues (I Think)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 03:50 PM
Stevebarnes35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure issues (I Think)

Have a 2011 Grand Caravan Crew with a 3.6L. Vehicle has a BAD TIPM so the Fuel Pump Relay has been bypassed. Even with this there are times when the Van sits for a day or 2 that it is really hard to start. I assume that the check valve in the Pump is not keeping the fuel in the line and it is draining back. The Fuel Pump is really loud so I am assuming that I need a new Fuel Pump. But this is a Mobility van and the back end has been really changed and the tank is really hard to get to and even harder to drop.
Question 1: Where is the Fuel Pressure test port? I have searched the whole engine compartment and the internet and I have not be able to see anything that there even is one.
Question 2: On this vehicle is the Fuel pump supposed to always be on when the key is on. Shouldn't it pump to a pressure level and then shut down till more pressure is needed.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Fuel Pressure issues (I Think)