Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: My salvage work rig

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 10:56 AM
goaliemo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My salvage work rig

Sooooo,

I bought an 06 Grand Caravan with the 3.3 for $500. Has a salvage title, but runs and drives, well, like a boat. Haha The beast has 230k on it

I traded my buddy an old honda motorcycle for it. Think i paid S200 for the bike. Had to get a key programmed, new battery, 4 tires, and an alignment.
So overall, was in it maybe 600ish? (I work at a dealership, I can do a lot of repairs myself)
From what he remembers, he had the head gaskets done with new heads. New timing. Trans rebuilt. and oil changes.
Sold it for 1700. Bought it back for 500. The lady (who recently had her car repo'd, and bought it out of desperation) decided she was to good for the van and talked her boyfriend into buying her a new car.

Still made out on the deal.

Well here I am now with a work rig. But need a few things taken care of before I can keep a toolbox in the back and pull a small utility trailer.

Noticed the harmonic balancer has a slight wobble to it. Guess its time for a new one.
Oil pan leaks, gasket will fix that.

Im thinking I need to add a trans cooler, havent looked closely enough to see if it has one. Has a uhaul hitch on it, so probably not.

I saw somewhere a 3.8 throttle body is an upgrade. So imma measure one for comparison next junk yard trip. Anybody know if the upper or lower intake plenum has bigger ports?
Just looking for some junk yard bolt ons for a little more vroom.

Suspension is WORN! Rear shocks are, well, just kinda there. Leaf springs, the bushings are turning to dust.
Front is well, the easy part,

Now. Does anyone know off hand if leaf springs or shocks from a similar year dodge would fit, and stiffen up the rear?
I really dont feel like spending a day at a junk yard with a tape measure. But will if it comes down to it,
I could go air. But ehh, If thats my only option then maybe. But I rather not.

And being a unibody, I cant lift it. Well, easily. But if i can just stiffen everything and adjustable hitch would suffice.

Dont rambling for now.

Thanks,

Billy

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: My salvage work rig