Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

headlights turn signals and flashers don't work interior and parking lights stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:45 PM
jafromwi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights turn signals and flashers don't work interior and parking lights stuck on

1999 Dodge caravan just came up with some issues. Headlights or parking lights don't work with the switch. As soon as the key is put in the run position the parking lights come on and stay on until the battery dies. The turn signals don't work and the hazards don't either. The high beams will only work when holding the MFS in the passing position. The interior lights stay on unless the dimmer switch is turned to off. I have tested all relays and fuses and all are good. I hooked it up to my scanner and it shows all doors closed so that rules the door pins out for the interior lights. It also shows the call for headlights when the switch is turned on but power is not sent to them (the headlights are good tested by jumping power to the fuses in the distribution center). I have found many problems related to these but no real solutions. Please help.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:48 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Welcome to DF
I would guess without looking at it, that the BCM maybe the problem. The BCM does control the headlamps,parking lamps, and the interior lights too. I don't know if you can use another BCM from another van, but you can try.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:18 PM
BlaineM
Amateur

Sounds like it could be a BCM issue. It is a huge module located behind (toward the firewall) the fuse/relay panel which is located under the drivers dash. You could try disconnecting the battery for a period to see if the BCM will reboot. If that doesn't work maybe unplug the BCM (the top of it has a huge connector with many pins), then replug it.

Old 12-21-2021, 03:12 AM
jeanpaulsc
Default Replaced BCM, headlight still won't turn off

Headlights remain on regardless of switch or key position. At first, the headlights would remain on unless I switched the key back to run position, which turned them off. Now this no longer works. I read this thread and thought BCM to blame. I replaced it today. No fix. Please advise?

Old 12-21-2021, 11:41 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

Have you try unplugging the headlamp switch or multi function switch?

Quick Reply: headlights turn signals and flashers don't work interior and parking lights stuck on