Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: I have two problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 07:15 PM
ajdragon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have two problems

Hi

First problem, back in late July I towed a pop up camper home and had to Jerry rigged the wiring in the vans tail lights so I could tow the camper. Unfortunately the break light fuse kept blowing every few minutes because of the way I wired things up. I ended up disconnecting the wire I connected for the breaks and just towing the camper home with emergency flashers only. Here is my problem, after towing the camper the air bag light came om, and is on all the time when I drive the van, when I start the van the light goes out but then 2-3 seconds later you hear a beep and then the air bag light comes back on and stays on until I turn off the van.

Second problem just started today, the horn is going off intermittently.

Could it be that the clockspring has gone bad again, I replaced it just 2 years ago?

Old 01-13-2022, 12:55 PM
ajdragon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I think the horn problem might have something to do with the alarm system, when I activate the alarm the alarm set light used to flash a couple of times and then go out after 2 or 3 seconds, but now its a solid light that stays on for fifteen seconds. How do I reset the alarm on a 1999 Grand Caravan?

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: I have two problems