Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Multiple electrical issues even after TIPM replaced

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 05:37 PM
richk61
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple electrical issues even after TIPM replaced

We have a 2013 Caravan, The morning after a full day of driving in the rain a few weeks back I got in the van and it would not start, with a new battery in place I knew it shouldn't be the battery, also when i turned the key the wipers wouldn't turn off so I knew something was not right. Multiple warning lights show up on the instrument cluster as well. Towed it to our local mechanic and he said the TIPM most likely shorted out due to all the moisture. At the time had no idea what the TIPM was but he said it would most likely need replacement. We replaced the TIPM with a used one as I did not feel like spending $1200 for a new one so he procured a used one for $500, I'm still trying to figure out how or why driving in a mild rain would do such a thing but that's for a different thread I guess. When we got the Van back the wipers were fine but I noticed a whole bunch of other issues such as... fuel gauge not working (shows empty) Low fuel indicator light stays on (makes sense if it thinks there is no fuel in the tank), airbag light stays on, back up camera on radio screen not working, blue-tooth not working on the radio, window switches don't work except the master window switch on driver's door, electric sliding side doors don't work except when using key fob or overhead switch but not from inside or outside door handles, door lock/unlock doesn't work from inside (only from key fob). AC not blowing cold even though the AC light is on, My main concern is the airbag light ( would they even deploy or is it just the warning light) not to mention, not being able to lock/unlock the doors from the inside, I've gotten used to the fuel gauge not working by just recording the mileage and refueling every 250 miles but it's still a pain in the butt.. I don't know if this is still a TIPM issue or is there a computer that controls all these different devices that needs to be programmed. I just don't want to spend thousands on this Van knowing that it has 170k miles on it, Mechanically it's sound and runs great as I've taken really good care of it mechanically. I mentioned all the issues to our mechanic and he said he doesn't have the ability to correct with the issues beyond what he has done and that I may need to take it to the dealer, Perhaps getting the used TIPM the mistake or is there something else that it could be.. computer or the like? Any answers or approaches to rectifying this situation would be appreciated.

Old 04-11-2022, 11:53 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Sorry to say, But you may need to replace the Tipm with a reman one from the dealer. Because the vin would need to be added to the module. Anytime you replace a module. Don't get a used one.

Old 11-12-2022, 12:17 PM
Jken Medley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Max TIPM REBUILDERS find on internet

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Multiple electrical issues even after TIPM replaced