Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 SE drivers rear sliding door rattle

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2022 | 12:38 PM
LMHmedchem
|
Amateur
Default 2010 SE drivers rear sliding door rattle

Hello,

I have read several threads on this and most recommend using electrical tape on the striker loops. I have tried this and all that the tape has accomplished is to make it difficult to open and close the door. If anything, the door rattles more now that ever.

Clearly something is loose in the latch mechanism causing the door to sound like it is not fully closed. I am sure that the fact that it is loose/moving is making it worse over time.

Does anyone know that part that has actually come loose to cause this? Door lock parts are hundreds of dollars so it's not practical to just start replacing thing.

Has anyone had the lock mechanism apart and can comment on how to fix it?

LMHmedchem

Old 05-04-2022 | 11:58 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

How is the door locking and unlocking? I going to guess to check all the bolts on the sliding door hinges. And can you post a picture on the B-Pillar on the sliding door side.

Old 05-05-2022 | 12:44 PM
LMHmedchem
|
Amateur

Originally Posted by master tech
How is the door locking and unlocking? I going to guess to check all the bolts on the sliding door hinges. And can you post a picture on the B-Pillar on the sliding door side.
The door sticks a bit since I applied the tape, so it is a little harder to open and close the door then it used to be. I guess that is not exactly the lock. I haven't noticed any issues with the power locks. As far as I know the door locks and unlocks as it should.

I have looked at the sliding hinges and don't see anything wrong. There is a little play in the top track but it doesn't look like anything is loose. It just looks like the wheel is a bit smaller than the track. I will go through all of the bolts and nuts I can find and see if any of them can be tightened.

I will try to post a picture later today.

LMHmedchem

Old 05-05-2022 | 11:45 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Take the tape off if its not helping. Put a socket or wrench on all the bolts and check them. I've had rattle sounds from Fiat cars and it ended up being just a loose bolt. And how is the stiker adjustment. Meaning is the back of the sliding door is flush with the body?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 SE drivers rear sliding door rattle