Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Lost keys New keys cut and programmed now No start no crank just dash lights up

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 04:20 PM
savagendn71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost keys New keys cut and programmed now No start no crank just dash lights up

3.8 L ES not sure. Lost the grey key and had key cut and programmed. Worked for a few short trips. Then wouldn't crank or start. Then had another locksmith program to a replaced Immobilizer and still nothing. I don't have any engine codes and can't seem to find out why. I'm losing my mind. The van ran and started fine until I lost the grey key. I just don't know what to do or just junk it. I've already put 600 into this situation and think it should not be this hard.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:47 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

The ignition is lockout, that is why you don't have any cranking action. What happens is you get three start ups that will last a few seconds. If you don't have the correct key code. On the third try the ignition goes into lockout. You need to have the correct key code to start off with, Battery charger, Key and the driver door open for 1 hour or more and that will unlock ignition module.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Lost keys New keys cut and programmed now No start no crank just dash lights up