Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Radio problems 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 03:08 AM
xxxwangfirexxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Radio problems 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan

I acquired my first Dodge vehicle earlier this week, a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan. I had a lot of trouble connecting my phone to the radio because Uconnect wouldn't show up in my phone's Bluetooth menu at first and it took several attempts before it would show up. I also discovered that I cannot disable phone calls in my phone's Bluetooth setting for the Uconnect or else the radio will complain about no phone detected, I just want media audio not phone calls. The audio quality over Bluetooth absolutely sucks a** with random skipping and artifacting. The audio quality over the FM radio is superb by comparison, but has a strange effect where the audio volume will randomly fluctuate, not by much, but most noticeable in heavy bass sections of a song where it will sometimes fade out for a second then fade back in, like someone is moving the bass slider down to minimum then back to normal.

Basically my question is: Is there a fix for the ****ty Bluetooth audio quality on Uconnect and what's up with the weird volume fluctuations on the FM radio?

Old 10-06-2022, 12:25 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxwangfirexxx
I acquired my first Dodge vehicle earlier this week, a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan. I had a lot of trouble connecting my phone to the radio because Uconnect wouldn't show up in my phone's Bluetooth menu at first and it took several attempts before it would show up. I also discovered that I cannot disable phone calls in my phone's Bluetooth setting for the Uconnect or else the radio will complain about no phone detected, I just want media audio not phone calls. The audio quality over Bluetooth absolutely sucks a** with random skipping and artifacting. The audio quality over the FM radio is superb by comparison, but has a strange effect where the audio volume will randomly fluctuate, not by much, but most noticeable in heavy bass sections of a song where it will sometimes fade out for a second then fade back in, like someone is moving the bass slider down to minimum then back to normal.

Basically my question is: Is there a fix for the ****ty Bluetooth audio quality on Uconnect and what's up with the weird volume fluctuations on the FM radio?
We can understand how frustrating this can be, xxxwangfirexxx. Feel welcome to message us further details about your vehicle and we're happy to research this for you.

Steph
Dodge Cares

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Radio problems 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan