Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 DGC puking oil from power steering - need service manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 01:33 PM
Martensville-SK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 DGC puking oil from power steering - need service manual

Hello Everyone,
I have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan that is puking oil out somewhere. I fill the reservoir and it stays full till I start the van and then it pukes it out the bottom in about 1 minute.
I'm not sure if it's the pump, an O ring, or a line at this point. I was hoping someone would have a service manual they could send me so I can see how to get at the power steering pump and lines.
From the top it looks like I have to remove the air box and possibly the A/C drier, but this is why I need the service manual to see what needs to be removed.
Any help would be much appreciated and thank you.

Vehicle Specs:
Trim Select TrimBaseSESXTSE
Body Style: 4 Door Mini Passenger Van
Brakes: Power Front/Rear Disc, 4-Wheel ABS
Drive Type: Front-Wheel Drive
Engine Select Engine3.3L V6 Flex3.3L V6 Gas3.3L V6 Gas
Mfr Body Code: RS
Spring Types: Front Coil and Rear Leaf
Steering: Power Rack
Transmission: Chrysler 4-Speed Automatic Transaxle 41TE
Wheelbase: 119.3 in.

Ken

Old 03-01-2023, 05:19 PM
SteveX1
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to remove the windshield wiper tray. With some maneuvering it is not necessary to remove the hood. Not easy. No need to touch AC.
Look underneath vehicle first. Get a better idea of where the leak is located. You can mostly see the pump and lines from underneath.
An Online search will turn up How To videos for mostly anything.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 DGC puking oil from power steering - need service manual