Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: No Crank - No Gauge Lights - Multiple Tests Done

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 08:12 PM
Carlor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Crank - No Gauge Lights - Multiple Tests Done

Hello everyone!

I've been testing/researching my problem and I've had no luck. I'm starting to believe it's the ECM.

Problem: Went to start my van and it ran for two seconds then died. This happened 5 or 6 times. On the following attempt it stopped trying to crank. I also noticed I had ZERO gauge cluster lights. After further trials I realized the blinkers and flashers will work in the gauge cluster. The chime still works in the cluster. My radio still works with the key on. The windows and unlock button work, but the lock button does nothing. The A/C will turn on about 15 seconds after you turn the blower on for some reason. Also when you turn the key to start it all accessories go out and you can hear the starter relay click. You can also hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key on.

What I've tried so far:
Checked fuses
Switched relays
Wiggled wires under TIPM
Checked battery connections
Removed battery connections and touched + - for 1min
Unplugged connection for sliding door behind B pillar (this van does not have power sliding doors)
Removed gauge cluster and checked solder points for cracks (none found)

Not sure what to do next. I will try to remove the door connection for the sliding door on the other side. I will also try to remove the IOD fuse and see if that does anything.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Old 06-09-2023, 10:53 AM
Pricci49
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlor
Hello everyone!

I've been testing/researching my problem and I've had no luck. I'm starting to believe it's the ECM.

Problem: Went to start my van and it ran for two seconds then died. This happened 5 or 6 times. On the following attempt it stopped trying to crank. I also noticed I had ZERO gauge cluster lights. After further trials I realized the blinkers and flashers will work in the gauge cluster. The chime still works in the cluster. My radio still works with the key on. The windows and unlock button work, but the lock button does nothing. The A/C will turn on about 15 seconds after you turn the blower on for some reason. Also when you turn the key to start it all accessories go out and you can hear the starter relay click. You can also hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key on.

What I've tried so far:
Checked fuses
Switched relays
Wiggled wires under TIPM
Checked battery connections
Removed battery connections and touched + - for 1min
Unplugged connection for sliding door behind B pillar (this van does not have power sliding doors)
Removed gauge cluster and checked solder points for cracks (none found)

Not sure what to do next. I will try to remove the door connection for the sliding door on the other side. I will also try to remove the IOD fuse and see if that does anything.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I went through this recently with my 03 sxt swb. I would get nothing at all when I tried to start it but all my lights worked and didn't dim when turning the key. I also noticed that the cel wouldn't light when I turned the key to the on position only, when all the warning lights would light. I said screw it and ordered an ecm. I knew it wasn't battery or starter or relay. The worst part was waiting for the new one. I went with the least expensive one and it arrived 10 days later and had no metal backing. They said use the old one. After a half *** attempt, I said it's going back. I cant get 20 year old screws out. The backing came a few days later. If this was my only car, I'd be out of my mind. But the new one worked. Good luck, that sounds like it. My car wouldn't lock from the inside, then it started unlocking itself after id lock it. But the 1st day, wouldn't start to get home after work but drove there fine.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: No Crank - No Gauge Lights - Multiple Tests Done