Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: Low fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 10:04 AM
Elredeye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low fuel pressure

I have a 93 Grand Caravan 3.3L, Van started having issues with backfiring and random dying. I checked fuel pressure and found 38 PSI at the fuel rail test port. I'm sure I had seen 55 psi at a previous occasion. I replaced the fuel filter but was not clogged when I blew though it. Checked electrical at the pump for proper voltage and even substituted power supply at the pump with no change. replaced pump twice with no change.I tested each leg of the fuel line for possible obstructions and found 80 PSI at each part of the fuel line. Finally, I thought the fuel regulator was the cause because when I pinched off the fuel return line, the pressure jumped to 80 psi but only 38 psi with return line not pinched and applying vacuum to the fuel regulator the psi drops to 28 psi. I know that there are no injectors stuck open because when pinched off line holds pressure. Is there a check valve in the return line?

Old 04-27-2024, 05:09 AM
Bruh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi how are ya, bruh here.
1 have a 1992 caravan with a similar issue and was wondering if you have any updates on your caravan?
Let me know so we can chat a little bit about these beasts, lol.

I'll be here if you're still around.
Cheers.

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: Low fuel pressure