Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: C2200 Error: Buy used ABS module or have the old one rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 04:39 AM
2011GrandCaravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C2200 Error: Buy used ABS module or have the old one rebuilt?

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan with ~170K miles

Dashboard lights for ABS & Traction Control are on

ABS error code is C2200 (Anti-lock Brake Module Internal)

The faulty ABS electronics module was intermittently applying brakes during city driving, causing momentary hesitation and poor gas mileage. We stopped this (temporarily) by pulling the ABS pump fuse.

Houston TX is very flat and mostly dry, so ABS and traction Control are nice, but not necessary to pass Texas inspection.

We'd like to fix the ABS electronics module without spending too much on our DIY budget.

ABS repair options are:
  1. Buy used ABS electronics module for ~$35. If I understand correctly, we must erase the donor car VIN from the used ABS (aka re-initialize the donor car ABS) and it will 'plug and play' when installed in our minivan. Is this accurate? If 'yes', how do we erase the donor car VIN from the used ABS module? My Autel AL619 reads ABS error codes, but does not have a menu option to re-initialize an ABS module.
  2. Send our defective ABS electric module to a rebuild service for $250-$300. Any recommendations?
  3. I could open the ABS module and look for a cracked solder joint to resolder
  4. Other ideas to solve ABS error code C2200 (Anti-lock Brake Module Internal)?
Thanks for your suggestions!

Old 08-26-2023, 02:28 PM
CaravanJen

My husband is having the exact same issue with his 2013 Ram 1500. His garage actually found out that there is recall information for this problem. He’s contacting the dealership on Monday. Maybe something to look into??

Old 08-26-2023, 08:01 PM
2011GrandCaravan

Originally Posted by CaravanJen
My husband is having the exact same issue with his 2013 Ram 1500. His garage actually found out that there is recall information for this problem. He’s contacting the dealership on Monday. Maybe something to look into??
Thanks for the good idea. Unfortunately no recalls for this minivan. From past experience I suspect a solder joint on the circuit board has cracked following years of engine heat & vibrations. Another user suggested AlfaODB is a relatively inexpensive software that will reinitialize an ABS from a donor car so it will work in this car.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: C2200 Error: Buy used ABS module or have the old one rebuilt?