Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Front windshield washer not working.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024 | 11:54 AM
RayM
|
Default Front windshield washer not working.

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. The front windshield wash solution is no longer spraying however I can hear the motor/pump AND the rear works fine.
I check the line from holding tank up to under the hood and see no loose or broken connections. I also see no fluid running out anywhere from tank to hood. I pull off the hose from hood just to see if any shot out - negative.
checked and fuse is good...also since it works in rear is good indicator.

Oddly enough we recent got the van back from hail damage repair where the hood was replaced. Kind of a coincidence but seeing how it would seem the 2 connection lines to the hood should have been all that was remove and a couple line holder clips.

It is the same motor that pumps for front and rear, right?
if the front line was sucking air somehow would that prevent it from getting completely through to the hood?
The holding tank was dry are nearly dry when we got it back. I refilled it and this when we noticed the issue. It would need to be primed?

Anyway appreciate any advise or help to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Front windshield washer not working.