Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Stalling? I've searched with no luck.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 02:43 AM
02GreenCaravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling? I've searched with no luck.

I own a 2002 Grand Caravan with the 3.3L engine, 4 speed auto, air, heavy duty cooling. Just recently my wife has started experiencing the van stalling after backing up. For example, backing up out of the driveway, stopping, switching to "D" and then it stalls. It starts right back up but this has happened 3 times in the past 2 weeks. We are planning on a vacation soon and I don't want to get stuck some where.
Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2004, 04:44 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stalling? I've searched with no luck.

Remove the air intake at the throttle body and check the blade for thick black carbon build up---Clean it real good and disconnect the battery for a few minutes. There is also a TSB to replace the TPS. Not too hard and pretty cheap.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:56 AM
02GreenCaravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stalling? I've searched with no luck.

ORIGINAL: dodgemech

Remove the air intake at the throttle body and check the blade for thick black carbon build up---Clean it real good and disconnect the battery for a few minutes. There is also a TSB to replace the TPS. Not too hard and pretty cheap.
Even with only 34k? Sorry, I forgot to post that in the original post.
I'll look up the TSB. Thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply: Stalling? I've searched with no luck.