Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Oil blowback?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:17 AM
webbee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil blowback?

Wow, what a great tip minivanin! Please let us know how this goes greaseangel. I looked at your pictures and was so glad I don't have that cockamamie set-up.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:50 AM
greaseangel
Professional

Don't hold your breath waiting though, might be Wednesday or so before I have time

Old 07-01-2006, 03:50 PM
greaseangel
Professional

Ok, it's fixed. And I feel sooooooooo dumb. Thinking of dyeing my hair blonde right about now. My hubby, who is so not mechanically inclined, came and looked over my shoulder while I was trying desperately not to have to modify a tool. He said "Why don't you just take off this thing (pointed to resonator) and use a deep socket on a ratchet with a 6 inch extension?" And dammit, it worked. So, kudos to hubby! So, here are instructions for future reference: Remove resonator, use 9/16 deep socket, 6 inch extension, and ratchet the damn thing off. Pretty freakin simple. It was harder getting the new valve on. That took a lot of time and patience to get the threads aligned at such an odd angle. But, in the words of Jesus "it is finished."

Quick Reply: Oil blowback?