Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 G. Caravan keyless entry-flashing pkng lts

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:28 PM
smittydpd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 G. Caravan keyless entry-flashing pkng lts

99 Dodge Grand Caravan w/70k miles - Long story short, I was up camping, wore battery dead, jumped it, started right up but now my parking lights flash. Not constantly, but they flash for 30 secs, then stay off for 30 repeat cycle. Car drives fine but lights do that. Dash lights also flash with them. I have a keyless entry system and don't have the remotes anymore. I tried the locking and unlocking with the key to try and reset it but that didn't work. I also took the neg cable off battery for overnight trying to reset, didn't work either. I'm at a loss. Is there any way to just disconnect the keyless entry system? There is no alm, just the keyless(factory insatlled) that I never use. Thanks so much in advance.

I just tried this... Both doors were locked from inside using the drivers side power door lock. I got out and closed the door. I waited for the lights to stop flashing and heard an under hood clicking. Once the lights stopped, so did the clicking. I went to pass door first and unlocked it w/key but didn't open it. Went to drivers door, unlocked it with key and opened it. Lights started flashing, i started van, same problem. It just keeps cycling thru the flashing and stopping. While they were flashing, I ck'd the noise under hood and realized the parking lamp relay in the PCM was clicking, pulled it out, lights stopped, but dash lights kept flashing. Put it back in, lights flash and relay clicks. Next???? Again, thanks for help in advance, Joe

Old 10-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Mattspicer

Hey joe i have a 99 caravan i just got a 99 caravan for my wife. Mine is doing the exact same thing as yours. Did you find a fix for it. If so please let me know. Thanks in advance

Old 10-11-2016, 09:39 AM
07nightster

I'm going to guess you're not going to hear much from him. This post is 10 years old, and it's the only one he ever made.

Quick Reply: 99 G. Caravan keyless entry-flashing pkng lts