Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

AC Fan sometimes works, other times nothing...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
AZ_Ron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Fan sometimes works, other times nothing...

Hi all! I've done some searching but haven't had much luck with this particular problem. 1999 Chrysler Town & Country Limited, 3.8L
On Saturday, the family and I were out in the desert at a rocket launch. The back hatch got left open, which drained the battery. My daughter came up and told me there was a clicking noise coming from the drivers door. Well, it was coming from under the dash, and sounded like a relay. Battery was dead.
We closed everything up, and in the evening when we were done for the day, got a jump, drove home.
On the way home I noticed the Speedo and Tach were not working. Figured I'd tackle that on Sunday. The next day, everything worked. Monday we went out, everything worked, ran into a store, came back out and now the AC fan didn't blow. The AC compressor was engaging, I could hear the clutch clicking when turning the AC switch off and on, but no blower.
The next day, the wife went to her moms house... blower worked on the way over, dead on the way back.
I'm thinking this had something to do with the battery being very drained. Maybe I'm off base here, but was thinking of just disconnecting the battery for a few hours, then seeing what happens. If any of you all out there have had this issue, can point me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

Ron

Last edited by AZ_Ron; 10-27-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What year?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:15 PM
AZ_Ron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry... it's a 1999.

Ron

Old 10-27-2010, 11:47 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The blower could be bad contact at the resistor or the resistor itself. You would find that on the passenger side bulk head/ Firewall. The tach or speedo could be a loose IOD fuse in the PDC.

Quick Reply: AC Fan sometimes works, other times nothing...