Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power sliding door issue... help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:46 PM
dyang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rolfsb
I have posted about this issue a few times. I too have the 2005 Dodge GC and have replaced both wire harness twice (meaning each side 2 times). It is not he OID, although I have had this problem many times and the fuse pull does work.

Just pony up the $130 for a new harness and take the 20 minutes to replace it. It will work fine after that...

Brian
I don't see anything physical wrong with the harness at all... It's just some wires and connectors. I think either the connectors just need cleaning or something just needs to be "reset".

Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The doors have their own controllers. You would need a scanner the can read the other modules,not just the pcm.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:40 PM
dyang

Originally Posted by master tech
The doors have their own controllers. You would need a scanner the can read the other modules,not just the pcm.

Is this the connector type plug under the dash on the driver's side?

Old 12-18-2010, 02:12 AM
lardogcat

My local Chrysler dealer wanted $185 for the wiring harness. I found it online from a site called chryslerpartscenter.com for $104 plus shipping. It came in 3 days.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:11 PM
scotter5
Veteran

Here is how i found out and solved my problem last week with the sliding doors not continuing to open. I went to this web cite and say utube video.

I went to my 06 van and did what he said and it worked. I spliced in a wire about 5 inches. If it didn't work then i could have just pulled out the wire, about 24 inches and spliced in a new one in its place,because maybe that section i pulled wasn't the section that was broken. but it was. here is the cite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705hcJqOf6U---(i googled in "caravan sliding door". you can do it, go get em.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:16 PM
gojeepgo

The passenger door broke twice on my wifes van. The first time it broke, nothing would happen when the buttons were pressed sometimes. Since it was under warranty we brought it in. The dealer we bought it from said they could not replicate the problem. The official diagnosis was "maybe its to cold out for the door to work" Thanks for nothing SMITHHAVEN dodge. SInce it still wouldnt work I brought it to another dealer who actually took the time to find a faulty wiring harness. It woked like a charm for another two years until it happened again, same problem. LEE DODGE fixed it again. So far, so good.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 PM
hubcaps

my sliding door is locked shut and I cannot unlock it, how can I get the unlock motor to work, any idea of what wires to check ??

Old 06-26-2011, 01:14 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Do you have the sliding door panel off?

Old 06-27-2011, 01:08 PM
hubcaps

Yes the panel is off, I swapped the control boards with the other door and both work so I don't think it is the relay panels in each door.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Can you reach inside the door and try to open it from the rear latch?

Quick Reply: Power sliding door issue... help!!