Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Please help: Location of Oil Pressure Switch/Sender

Old 01-07-2007, 12:51 AM
gabhanjacisa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help: Location of Oil Pressure Switch/Sender

1998 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.0 V6: can anyone tell me the location of the Oil Pressure Switch/Sender on this engine, and does it take any extra-special expertise or special tools to remove& replace?

Thanks!

Old 01-08-2007, 02:28 PM
gabhanjacisa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please help: Location of Oil Pressure Switch/Sender

OK, I'll answer my own question, posted for future reference for those who may need it. The oil pressure switch is located right next to the oil filter. I got it for $10.00 at Pep Boys. With a crescent wrench and/or large pair of adjustable pliers, you can have this off and a new one installed in about 10-20 minutes. Press hard on one side of thered clip to release it from the electrical connection. Minimal mess and clean-up.

The reason I changed it is because, at idle speed, my oil light was coming on. Upon acceleration and/or while driving, it went off and stayed off. Fearing the worst, I hoped for the best.

(1) Check oil level first; (2) replace oil pressure switch; (3) after that, who knows...oil pump?

Thanks be to God, it was the oil pressure switch,an easy, inexpensive fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help: Location of Oil Pressure Switch/Sender