Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake Light and ABS

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Boycebell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Light and ABS

Hi,

My brake light came on yesterday and will not go out, also brake fluid keeps overflowing up through my two caps on my brake master cylinder reservoir. I wipe all the fluid off and when I have drove it again there is fresh fluid that has come out. My brakes feel fine. My ABS light has gone off and on for several years. Someone told me that my ABS may have completely failed now flooding the regular braking system with additional brake fluid causing it to come out??? Is there a way to disable the ABS system so that it does not affect my regular braking system? My manual says that the brake light coming on means that part of the brake system has ALREADY failed and that I am operating on the backup system which sounds dangerous to me. My 1992 AWD Grand Caravan is valuable to me, but I am not sure it would be worth $2000 to fix the whole braking/ABS system. Any help?

Quick Reply: Brake Light and ABS