Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Caravan bucks and rear hatch wont open

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:42 AM
judmorrison
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Caravan bucks and rear hatch wont open

Last week I purchased a 2001 Caravan for my wife with 99000 miles. Currently, the vehicle will "buck" while (1) in reverse at very low speed, (2) going up hill at constant speed above 50 mph, and (3) downshifting when accelerating much like a very hard downshift. It works fine when it is wide open accelerating and downshifts fine when decellerating. I checked the trans fluid and the level is fine and it looks like it is still good (reddish color). I replaced the fuel filter, air filter (K&N), and changed the oil which seemed to make it run much smoother.

Also, the rear hatch is equiped with the automatic open feature. Unfortunately, this is the only way to get it open. It will not open by pulling on the latch in the door.

Last, how do I change the front cup holder (one is broken, slides in and out fine) and the driver side middle seat will not unlatch from the floor to lean it up or remove it.

Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: 2001 Caravan bucks and rear hatch wont open