Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Special order '08 Challengers coming???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:16 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special order '08 Challengers coming???

Mopar Collector's Guide Magazine has quite a write up on a company (The Group Five) that has developed special Challenger versions that could be ordered through your local dealer. There supposedly will be a G5/S, G5/SC and G5/R - all being different "upgrade" packages. The G5/SC is a Supercharged version, but other will have enhanced brakes, suspension, exhaust, hoods & Shaker and sway bars. In addition, some interior changes (not described) as well as bolder graphics. The G5 group is intending to work like Roush does for Ford on the Mustangs.

I went to their site www.g5challenger.com but did not see anything out there yet.

Mopar Collector's Guide is saying late '08 and that this process is far beyond "sketches & drawings".

Could be very cool!!! Stay tuned...I intend to

Old 03-16-2008, 03:08 PM
JohnnyGMachine
Default RE: Special order '08 Challengers coming???

I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to post! My name is John McBride and I am working with Chris Wilkins of Group 5 in developing these hot new Challenger packages. I sketched and designed the 4 concepts that you see in the magazine. Chris will be handling the task of building these cars. Posted below is one of the versions (G5/R) not really shown up close so I thought I'd post. Feel free to email Chris or myself with any questions, suggestions, or concerns on the concepts show in the Mopar Collector guide.

Name:  G5R.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  33.0 KB

Special thanks to David and Rob from MCG Publishing for all their efforts with getting this article to print for us!

John

Old 03-16-2008, 09:04 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

John,

Glad you guys are doing this! I know Rob as well. Please post whatever details you can about the "packages" and options folks can consider as well as suggested pricing. I suspect you'll be able to use this forum as a great gauge of what people are after. As you may have seen in other posts elsewhere here, there is a good mix of "old school" and "new age" folks interested in this machine - myself included.

As for me, I'll go "on record" as interested in a truly functional stock hood, w/ true air induction, like the concept (whether Butterfly valves or something similar).In addition, the interior is begging for an integrated "shift light" to push it away fromlooking exactly like a Charger dash. Love yourred treatments inyour emblemsand hope for similar, more aggressive striping. Finally, will your team be addressing the electronics so that the "traction control" and other "smile killers" can truly be switched off when wanted??

Thanks. Others, please jump in.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
JohnnyGMachine

My design philosophy has always been form follows function and our goal was to apply this way of thinking to every aspect of our G5 Challengers. We are still in the development stages but have put a lot of thought into every area of these cars. These G5 Challengers are not just exterior treatments and a couple bolt ons. I have to be carefull not to let too many cats out of the bag just yet but very soon as soon we will be able to give more specifics other than what the article mentions. Group 5 is very excited about this and to us it's a chance of a lifetime. We rely on comments, and suggestions from youthe enthusiasts. So feel free to email us till your blue in the face or red with any input on what you want these cars to have! LOL! I will be posting more.

J

Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 PM
JohnnyGMachine

Shown here is the Challenger SRT8 we are planning on building for SEMA 2008. It will be a true roadster and be built with NO TOP. It will be a 2-seater concept with a hinging/removable body color painted tonneau cover. Other plans include custom upholstery, seats, center console and dash. The wheels for this concept that can also be optioned on the G5 Challengers are a new custom wheel that is a mix of old and new. A modern sort of Magnum wheel with a 3-piece look to give an aggressive look. The shaker in fact will be functional and plans for the powerplant are currently being discussed with Arizona Speed and Marine. Custom front and rear fascias will be tooled and be available on the G5 Challengers. More details to follow.

Name:  SRT_Roadster_rend_FR34sm.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  36.3 KB

Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 PM
JohnnyGMachine

Here's a rear view of the Roadster.

Name:  SRT_Roadster_rend_RR34sm.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  26.3 KB

Old 03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
JohnnyGMachine

Here's the G5/S Concept that made the cover of Mopar Collector Guide.

Name:  G5S.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  29.7 KB

Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
kevin2323

can you buy these separately like the front bumper ect ect.... to enhance our alreadyy bought 08 challengers to look like the g5s

Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 PM
JohnnyGMachine

Hey all,

Make sure you check out www.G5Challenger.com when you get a chance. The "teaser page" is up and running. We will have the full webpage up and running soon, make sure to check back.

Make sure to also scroll down and check out the #77 Posey New challenger Concept we've developed.

Thanks,
John

Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

Great stuff!

Quick Reply: Special order '08 Challengers coming???