Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Under dash noise... Not what you'd think

Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 AM
LinzSipes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Under dash noise... Not what you'd think

Hi I'm looking for some help. When my car is parked ignition off ... At any given time from the drivers side middle and passenger side there will be a noise that sounds like a machine on a swivel moving around and can last from one to five seconds each. I have had my computer and 6 phones now hacked. Also stereo system installed ****ty job you can hear loud scratching s.o.s. Noises. Don't know if I'm crazy or feel like something is definitely wrong and I'm scared. It just did it now. If anyone else knows what this is or has this problem please let me know. Sounds like a camera honestly. You can hear them moving. Wish I could post a sound clip.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:42 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Probably the A/C blend doors doing a recalibration. This happens once in a while. There are a lot of things getting recalibrated right after the car is shut off.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
I agree with the blend doors. It would be helpful to include they vehicle year and model to help with diagnosing problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Under dash noise... Not what you'd think