Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

3rd gen Challengers

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 02:05 AM
ArtistStan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd gen Challengers

Does anyone have an opinion on which third generation Challenger would be a good investment over time. I assume on of the SRTs with a Hemi. One of the first years possibly with low miles?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Kinda hard to guess what a vehicles worth or collectibility over time is. Who know if it will be a collector car 40, 50 years from now. Saying that while kicking myself in the a$$. My first vehicle was a 1969 Dodge Charger. Bought it for $300 when I was in high school in 1978. Sure wish I woulda kept it. Lol

Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 PM
synoptic12
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As with anything, the numbers, and demand dictate the vale of most everything. We purchase cars because we like cars. We've owned some classics, 1969 Camaro Rally Sport, 57 Chevrolet Belair (My brother) > "Purchased for $35.00 from an Altar server which was my friend, 68 Chevrolet Malibu, along with a few others.

As they would say in terminology these days, "Back in the day", there was not any greed and we freely traded with each other, thinking nothing of value, but only the desire to own a nice car. We helped one another build cars which were basically easy if one were mechanically inclined. There were many 'back in the day'.

Today is an entirely new generation where the many seek a claim to fame by the wheels they have. It is nice to have a good set of wheels should one be able to afford the cost. To look upon a material thing, such as a car, to be viewed as a future cash cow is somewhat unrealistic at this time. The motor heads still exist, but the way of conducting business is strictly business, without showing any compassion for those hoping to find a ride, a nice set of wheels so to say.

One must view the totality of immersing oneself in the automotive field today, and constantly watching for new models most every year, if not earlier. The cars we owned were 'keepers' but we thought not to betray one another to obtain something we liked (cars). There is no sharing, or heart associated with the new vehicles of today. Not that cars have a heart, but we did.

The fact is, when one leaves this world what does it mean in the end, 'nothing', absolutely nothing. Purchase what you like and don't look upon what may be of value in the future, for you know not what a day may bring forth.

Quick Reply: 3rd gen Challengers