Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

2010 Dodge Challenger RT cranks but wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Jimmy Nalley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Dodge Challenger RT cranks but wont start

I need help I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT 5.7 l and recently we had a freeze and I had not changed my radiator yet it had a hole so all I had was water in it and it froze solid.
I pulled the heads and they were cracked and the head gaskets were blown.
I replace the head gaskets and I bought two used heads took them to a machine shop and had them inspected for cracks and resurfaced and I installed them to the proper torque specs rocker assemblies everything. After installation of heads I crank the motor to ensure the oil was getting to the rocker assembly and it was at that time I put the valve covers on the intake on and the spark plugs in. Reconnect to the battery and on my first attempt to start the vehicle it sputtered like it was going to start then it just continued to crank with a no start. It threw these two codes out p0113 and p0118 was thrown twice. I replaced the coolant temp sensor and plug and I replaced the ambient air temp sensor in the side of my cold air intake tube. Reconnected then attempted to start again and it did the exact same thing tried to start in the beginning then just continue to crank with nothing and a no start. These codes will not delete when I put my diagnostic tool on the car it brings ease codes up I erase them run the diagnostic again and they come up again. I've disconnected my cables and put them together to drain all the residual voltage out of the system hoping that would clear the codes and it did not but every time I do that when I go to start the car it will try to at first and then it like shuts off and doesn't try to start anymore just cranks over. Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to delete these codes or what could possibly keep my car from starting?
cylinders have compression
plugs have fire
fuel injectors are putting fuel into the cylinder

I am at a loss... please help

Last edited by Jimmy Nalley; 04-18-2018 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

May be related to your temp sensor code. If the high voltage (low resistance) makes the PCM think it is REALLY cold out, it will literally DUMP fuel into the cylinders.... way to rich, so, won't burn. Check the connection for the temp sensor, make sure it is plugged in good, isn't shorted.... take it from there.

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Challenger RT cranks but wont start