Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Dealer Installed Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 12:08 PM
donald.colyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Dealer Installed Cold Air Intake

I am having a cold air intake installed by local Dodge Service Department on my Challenger R/T Plus. Question is: will the mechanic ensure computer system is updated to reflect the CAI install? Will Mass Airflow work properly? Will vehicle emission system operate correctly?

The bottom line should be, does the mechanic need to do anything special so the vehicle system knows there is a CAI installed?

Thanks, Don

Old 07-14-2018, 03:04 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

The dealer is readily equipped to answer those questions and perform the necessary work to ensure the installation causes no issues.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:25 PM
donald.colyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I was looking for items to ask to confirm they did a quality job.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:39 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

if its a mopar cai...it is engineered to work seamlessly with the factory set up.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:28 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by donald.colyer
I am having a cold air intake installed by local Dodge Service Department on my Challenger R/T Plus. Question is: will the mechanic ensure computer system is updated to reflect the CAI install? Will Mass Airflow work properly? Will vehicle emission system operate correctly?

The bottom line should be, does the mechanic need to do anything special so the vehicle system knows there is a CAI installed?

Thanks, Don
No, which is why thousands of people install these themselves on a regular basis. No mass air flow sensor, IAT sensor on the intake side. Literally take off the original intake from TB to filter housing and install the new one, be careful with sensor, install new one. Fire up and go. To be honest, all it's really good for is noise & looks when installed by itself. Now if you have a Diablo tuner, they have optional tunes slightly tailored to CAI installs (91 octane tune vs 91 octane CAI tune).

Old 07-18-2018, 12:30 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

If sometimes can be an issue on vehicles that use maf sensors for fuel metering. Anything that uses use speed density fuel metering it won't make a bit of difference.

Quick Reply: Dealer Installed Cold Air Intake