Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Mods For 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 04:34 PM
cmerriman74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods For 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT

Hey All - I have a 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT with the following Mods:
1) Sprintex Twin Screw Supercharger (with Diablo In Tune 3 Platinum Tuner)
2) AirRaid SynthaMax CAD Intake System
3) Magnaflow Street Cat-Back Exhaust (2.5 diameter)
4) Dodge Challenger Beast Ram Air Hood (Demon Style)

I'm interested in adding the following additional mods and would like to know if it makes sense, will it be worth it, etc.:
1) Larger Injectors in combination with transitioning to E85 fuel blend (this will not be an everyday driven car if I do this)
2) Larger headers
3) Add a boost port (not currently included on the Supercharger I installed)
4) Larger pulley (current supercharger has a 69mm pulley)

Any thoughts, recommendations, feedback is welcome. Thanks!

Old 01-24-2020, 06:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

I wouldn't bother with attempting E85..... your engine wasn't really set up with that in mind. (at least, if it wasn't a flex fuel vehicle from the factory....) That, and sure, E85 is cheaper, but, fuel mileage drops as well, as alcohol carries less energy than gasoline, so, you don't really save any money using it.

Larger headers likely would not hurt, especially if you are currently using stock manifolds.

Boost for for boost gauge? Never a bad plan.

Larger pulley on the blower will REDUCE boost. If you want more, you want to go to a smaller pulley.

Old 01-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Why didn't you start with at least an R/T?

The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 01:13 PM
cmerriman74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick replies. Hey You, yeah, I found out my Challenger, even though it has a 3.6L engine, is not flex fuel compatible, so the increased injectors and E85 idea is out. I will continue to consider the larger headers and smaller pulley. As for Magnoom's question, I had severe budget constraints at the time of my purchase and my original plan was to just trade it in and up grade but my return on the trade wouldn't be worth it. Besides, I like the idea of having a unique Challenger and my Challenger is unique. I'm guessing it would be hard to find one quite like mine. My only regret at this point is it is not a manual, but, like I said, I had no intention of moding it up when I purchased it. Thanks again.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:37 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by cmerriman74
As for Magnoom's question, I had severe budget constraints at the time of my purchase and my original plan was to just trade it in and up grade but my return on the trade wouldn't be worth it. Besides, I like the idea of having a unique Challenger and my Challenger is unique. I'm guessing it would be hard to find one quite like mine. My only regret at this point is it is not a manual, but, like I said, I had no intention of moding it up when I purchased it. Thanks again.
Fair enough

Originally Posted by cmerriman74
I'm interested in adding the following additional mods and would like to know if it makes sense, will it be worth it, etc.:
1) Larger Injectors in combination with transitioning to E85 fuel blend (this will not be an everyday driven car if I do this)
2) Larger headers
3) Add a boost port (not currently included on the Supercharger I installed)
4) Larger pulley (current supercharger has a 69mm pulley)

Any thoughts, recommendations, feedback is welcome. Thanks!
To answer your questions:
1. Only if you need them. If you're already close to their capacity then yes, however your tune will need to be rescaled for the larger injectors.
2. Never hurts, though does anyone actually make a set for the 3.6 (beyond custom hand built)?
3. I assume for a gauge?
4. How much psi are you running now? Have you built the short block/forged the engine? If you haven't reinforced the foundation and you up the boost at some point you're gonna poke a new vent hole in the block.

Quick Reply: Mods For 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT