Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Wireless Carplay Solution!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 05:24 AM
waylonon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless Carplay Solution!

My Challenger 2016 constantly had issues with the wire from the USB port to our phones. It was really annoying that It would constantly disconnect every time we hit a bump. I got a recommendation from my friend for a smart dongle that does the issue.
I bought a CarPlay adapter and I use it in my Challenger. It was very easy to install. Just plugged it in and followed a couple of simple prompts on the screen. I paired it to my car in less than three minutes. Once paired, it boots carplay automatically each time I start the vehicle. It connects immediately when I get in the car and shuts off automatically after I get out.
Carplay seems to work just the same as when connected via USB. **** and steering wheel control both work just the same as wired CarPlay. There is about 1 to 2 seconds of delay on the audio side but that's totally fine. By the time car boots up, it can jump straight into CarPlay automatically. Didn't expect it to be faster than plugging in a wire and I am pleasantly surprised by this!
The adapter is quite small and smaller than I thought it would be so it' fits nice in the center console tucked out of the way. I installed it in the center console, so its totally out of view and connects perfectly. And plugging it is also charges it. Wired also great, but there are benefits to having it wireless. No need to take the extra step to plug it in, it can sit in your pocket. Or, if you leave the phone is a bag, you don't have to fish it out.
The key is that the adapter can also charge my phone!!! This is really convenient!!! Now we get in the car and it connects automatically. I am very satisfied with my carplay adapter. Highly recommended!
https://carlinkitbox.com/products/ca...y-android-auto

Old 01-12-2023, 09:48 AM
440Six_Pack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you get it to work with the 2016? The link you provided says it only works on 2017 and newer Challengers.

Quick Reply: Wireless Carplay Solution!